Do you ever feel like kids should come with instructions?
Are you overwhelmed with all the “opinions” about parenting? Do you need help figuring out what works best for YOUR family? Do you need help with setting limits? Do you and your spouse have difficulty seeing eye to eye on how to raise your kids? Do you have questions about developmental milestones? Education? Discipline?
As parents you are constantly worrying. Worrying about the best food to make for your children, the tests they have to study for, the boys/girls they date, are they happy? are the healthy? Did they bring their lunch? Are they wearing a coat? Would they know how to handle peer pressure? When should I have “the talk”? Am I doing what I need to best help them become productive adults? and the list goes on and on.
It sounds like you could use some guidance
As your counselor some of the many things I would be able to assist you with include
– Sifting through all those “parenting techniques” to help you find what works best for YOUR family
- Behavior modification techniques for varying ages
- Childhood levels of development
- How to raise emotionally healthy children
- Finding time for you
All parents feel lost at one time or another. All families have their challenges. The questions are never ending and extra support is necessary, whether that be from friends, family or counseling. Raising children is hard and it is important that you take care of yourself in order to take the best care of your children.
But I’m so busy, I don’t have the time for counseling
Finding time for counseling will actually have the opposite affect. Rather than it being one extra thing TAKING your time it will soon become something GIVING you time. When you have a better idea of how to approach your family and all the time consuming challenges that come along with them, you will become more efficient with your time and spend less time feeling overwhelmed.
How can all this help my kids if you are not SEEING my kids?
We can certainly see about possibly arranging sessions for your kids as well if you feel like it is necessary. However, YOU are the biggest influence in your child’s life. You are who they look up to (yes even as teenagers) and you are who they model. I find that when parents feel more confident in themselves, their children get more help than even counseling can provide. You see and know your kids more than anyone else, your influence is more prominent that you know.
Why should we go with you as our therapist?
That is a great question! There are several things that set me apart:
- I have over 10 years experience working with children and families
– Prior to counseling, I was a teacher, therefore I have had training in behavior modification techniques
- I believe in helping each client find what works for them and their individual families
- I believe my job is to help you find your path and if you feel I am not a good fit, I will provide several referrals to help you find someone who is. The important thing is that you get the support.
O.K. What now?
Give me a call, or drop me an email, and we can set up a time for a consultation.